Questions, wishes or suggestions? Simply contact us by e-mail or on Facebook.
1. what are the signs of a vitamin A deficiency?
A vitamin A deficiency first of all affects the human visual function. With vitamin A deficiency, more and more light-sensitive pigments disappear. For this reason, the most common sign of a vitamin A deficiency is a visual disturbance. In severe cases this can even lead to night blindness and blindness. Frequently, visual disorders occur in connection with bitot spots (white spots in the eye).
Other possible symptoms of vitamin A deficiency:
- dry eyes
- Damage to the mucosa
- Hearing disorders
- Eyelid Cramps
- Corneal softening
2. What does the vitamin A level depend on?
Vitamin A is involved in the digestion of proteins and fats. The human organism needs vitamin A for the production of certain visual dyes and blood components. Vitamin A is particularly essential for the health of skin and bones. The vitamin A level depends on various factors. For one thing, the vitamin A level can be elevated when one is still in the growth phase. On the other hand, a diet rich in protein can increase the need for vitamin A. For example, a person who is curing a bone fracture needs considerably more vitamin A, as vitamin A is responsible for the health of the bones.
According to the recommendation of the German Society for Nutrition (DGE), women should consume approx. 0.8 mg
(2.6 i.E.) and men 1.0 mg (3.3 i.E.) vitamin A per day. For children the value is approx. 0.6 mg (2 i.U.). However, in some life situations (such as pregnancy), certain diseases or operations, the daily intake may be increased.
3 Who is particularly affected by a vitamin A deficiency?
- pregnant and breastfeeding women
- Children in growth
- older persons
- People with a weakened immune system
- Persons with increased stress
- malnourished people
4. consequences of vitamin A deficiency
- Changes in the sense of smell
- brittle nails and hair loss
- dry eyes
- dehydrated skin
- increased wrinkling
- loss of skin elasticity
- Increased risk of kidney stones
Vitamineule® Vitamin A Capsules
In our online shop you will find our Vitamin A capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Vitamin A capsules contain 3,000 µg of pure retinyl acetate per capsule. Each can contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee for all products.
5. conclusion: How does a vitamin A deficiency manifest itself?
A vitamin A deficiency is manifested by a wide variety of symptoms. Often, a severe vitamin A deficiency quickly leads to vision problems and photophobia. However, a vitamin A deficiency can be quickly remedied by proper nutrition. It is best to ensure that vitamin A is taken in daily through vitamin A-rich foods. Supplementation of vitamin A in the form of food supplements can be very helpful in this respect. You can choose between vitamin A capsules and vitamin A tablets.
- Preparation of milk protein-vitamin A complexes and their evaluation for vitamin A binding ability
- Effects of feeding on plasma concentrations of vitamin A in captive African penguins (Spheniscus demersus)
- Retinol Isotopes Dilution Is Applied during Restriction of Vitamin A Intake to Predict Individual Subject Total Body Vitamin A Stores at Isotopic Equilibrium
- Physicochemical characterization of native and modified sodium caseinate Vitamin A complexes