Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. how important is potassium for the body?
Potassium is responsible for many different areas in the human body:
- Signal transduction from the cells
- Regulation of the PH-value
- Activation of enzymes
- Regulation of blood pressure
The German Society for Nutrition (DGE) recommends a daily intake of about 4000 milligrams of potassium for an adult. Children up to 10 years of age need half the amount of an adult, i.e. the requirement is approx. 2000 milligrams. For breastfeeding women, the recommended amount of potassium is about 4400 milligrams, as they have to provide for their child through their mother's milk.
When is the potassium value too low?
If above-average amounts of fluid are excreted, a lot of potassium is lost in the human organism. Reasons for this include diarrhoea, vomiting and taking certain medicines such as diuretics (diuretic drugs). Laxative drugs can also cause low potassium levels. Diseases such as diabetes and Cushing's disease can affect the potassium balance.
3. facts about potassium
- Potassium is an essential electrolyte.
- Cells need potassium for their function
- Human muscles and nerves are particularly dependent on potassium.
- Possible causes of a potassium deficiency are often diarrhoea and vomiting or an increased consumption of alcohol.
- Foods rich in potassium are pulses, vegetables and nuts.
- An acute potassium deficiency can be easily remedied by potassium chloride administered intravenously and potassium supplementation in the form of food supplements.
4. potassium in the form of food supplements
If you want to increase a too low potassium value with a dietary supplement, you should definitely pay attention to the form of the active ingredient and its origin. Potassium capsules are particularly suitable for increasing potassium levels. They are very well tolerated and are utilized by the body to a high degree. The preparation should also not contain any chemical additives such as microcrystalline cellulose. If you buy a preparation from Germany, you can be sure that the product has also been produced safely and is of high quality.
Vitamineule® Potassium Capsules
In our online shop you will find our potassium capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Potassium Capsules contain 200 mg of pure potassium per capsule. Each can contains 90 caps ules.In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: How important is potassium for the body?
Potassium is very important for the human body and performs many functions. On the one hand, potassium is needed for the production of energy. In addition, potassium is essential for the acid-base balance. A diet rich in potassium, such as bananas, nuts and legumes, is a good way to meet your daily potassium requirements. In case of a deficiency, the supplementation of potassium in the form of dietary supplements helps. You can choose between potassium capsules and potassium tablets. Both forms are easy to use and get into the circulation quickly.
[Hyperspectral estimation of potassium content in apple florescence canopy based on fuzzy recognition]
Observations on the changes in plasma pH and potassium content and the effect of acupuncture on them in the rats with hemorrhagic shock].
Extrarenal potassium adaptation: review of a concept
A-Z of nutritional supplements: dietary supplements, sports nutrition foods and ergogenic aids for health and performance--Part 30