Questions, wishes or suggestions? Simply contact us by e-mail or on Facebook.
1. what is the daily requirement of vitamin B6 / pyridoxine?
According to the German Society for Nutrition (DGE), the recommended daily amount of vitamin B6 for an adult person is approximately 1.6 milligrams. Women need about 1.4 milligrams of vitamin B6 daily. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should take about 1.9 milligrams of vitamin B6 daily, as they have an increased need. In general, you should always bear in mind that age, weight and height always play a significant role. Furthermore, factors such as diet and lifestyle should also be taken into account.
2. symptoms of vitamin B6 deficiency
A vitamin B6 deficiency can be recognized by various symptoms:
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Susceptibility to infections
- Menstrual cramps
3. causes of vitamin B6 deficiency
Vitamin B6 is found in many foods, which is why vitamin B6 deficiency is rather rare. Usually it is more likely to be a nutritional deficiency if you do not eat a balanced and varied diet. The most common cause is indeed malnutrition.
Other causes of a vitamin B6 deficiency can be
- severe alcoholism
- Use of drugs that break down vitamin B6
- intestinal uptake disorder
4. tasks of vitamin B6
- Regulation of the immune system
- Promotion of muscle building
- Control of cell division
- Catalyst in protein metabolism
- Strengthening of the nervous and immune system
- formation of messenger substances
- Regulation of the homocysteine metabolism
- Production of haemoglobin (red blood cell dye)
- Production of numerous messenger substances of the nervous system
- Blood formation
- Regulation of a normal fat metabolism
- Regulation of hormone activity
Vitamineule® Vitamin B6 capsules
In our online shop you will find our vitamin B6 capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamin Owl® Vitamin B6 capsules contain 25mg of pure pyridoxine HCL. Each can contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee for all products.
5. conclusion: What is the daily requirement of vitamin B6 / pyridoxine?
An adult person should take in about 1.6 milligrams of vitamin B6 daily. A healthy and balanced diet can easily cover the requirement of vitamin B6. In case of a vitamin B6 deficiency, one should fall back on vitamin B6-rich foods and supplement vitamin B6 in the form of dietary supplements.
- Vitamin B6 metabolism in microbes and approaches for fermentative production
- The Weight Loss Effects of Branched Chain Amino Acids and Vitamin B6: A Randomized Controlled Trial on Obese and Overweight Women
- Chronic idiopathic axonal polyneuropathy and vitamin B6: a controlled population-based study
- Discovery of pyridoxal reductase activity as part of human vitamin B6 metabolism