Team Vitamin Owl
Questions, wishes or suggestions? Simply contact us by e-mail or on Facebook.
1 Which foods contain vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is contained in both plant and animal foods. However, vitamin B12 is found in high quantities in animal products. Meat, fish and dairy products are very good sources of vitamin B12. Vegetable foods such as sauerkraut contain small amounts of vitamin B12.
Vitamin B12 content per 100 grams:
- Liver: approximately 30 - 60 mg
- Oysters: approximately 15 mg
- Tuna: approximately 4 mg
- chicken egg: approx. 2mg
- Emmental: approx. 3mg
Two. What is vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is a water-soluble vitamin. In medicine it is also known as cobalamin. The vitamin is stored in the liver and can be used as needed. For vitamin B12 to be properly absorbed by the body, a special protein is needed. It is also called the intrinsic factor. The protein is produced in the stomach lining and then reaches the intestines.
3 Which tasks does vitamin B12 perform?
Vitamin B12 takes over many different tasks in the human body.
The red vitamin ensures that the nerves are strengthened and concentration can be maintained for longer. Vitamin B12 is essential for the formation of red blood cells. Since the red blood cells supply the oxygen necessary for life transported to the organs and muscles, the correct vitamin B12 supply is essential for a healthy body.
A vitamin B12 deficiency can manifest itself in different ways.
Consequences and symptoms of vitamin B12 deficiency :
- Lack of drive
- Increased fatigue
- numbness and tingling of the nerves
- Difficulties in concentration
- Depressive thoughts
4. how can vitamin B12 deficiency be prevented?
Vitamin B12 deficiency is often caused by malnutrition or poor diet. A B12 deficiency can be prevented in time by a balanced and healthy diet with the right foods. In general, it is best to eat fruit and vegetables every day in order to be supplied with all vitamins and nutrients. Older people are particularly common, Vegetarians and vegans affected by a vitamin B12 deficiency This can be due to both diet and digestive problems. Vegetarians and vegans often suffer from a vitamin B12 deficiency, as larger amounts of the vitamin are mainly found in animal products. A vitamin B12 deficiency can be easily corrected both by a change in diet and by taking vitamin B12 in the form of dietary supplements.
Vitamin Owl® Vitamin B12 capsules
In our online shop you will find our vitamin B12 capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Vitamin B12 capsules contain 500 µg of vegetable methylcobalamin per capsule. Each can contains 90 capsules. Besides fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee for all products.
5. conclusion: Which foods contain vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is present in larger quantities, especially in animal products. Meat, fish and dairy products are very good sources of vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 should be taken in daily through a healthy and balanced diet to prevent vitamin B12 deficiency. A vitamin B12 deficiency is often caused by an incorrect diet, but this can be quickly brought under control by a change in diet with foods containing vitamin B12. Vitamin B12 can also be supplemented in the form of food supplements. One can decide between vitamin B12 capsules and vitamin B12 tablets.
- Vitamin B12 deficiency - A 21st century perspective
- Vitamin B12 in meat and dairy products
- Vitamin B12 for herpetic neuralgia: A meta-analysis of randomised controlled trials
- Diagnosis and treatment of vitamin B12 deficiency--an update
- Treatment of vitamin B12 deficiency methylcobalamine? Cyancobalamine? Hydroxocobalamin? clearing the confusion
- Impact of baseline vitamin B12 status on the effect of vitamin B12 supplementation on neurologic function in older people: secondary analysis of data from the OPEN randomised controlled trial
- Biologically active vitamin B12 compounds in foods for preventing deficiency among vegetarians and elderly subjects