Questions, wishes or suggestions? Simply contact us by e-mail or on Facebook.
1 Which foods contain vitamin B5 / pantothenic acid?
Vitamin B5 is found in particularly high concentrations in animal foods. These include herring, liver, pork and fish. Large quantities of pantothenic acid are also present in eggs and milk. Good vegetable sources of vitamin B5 are oatmeal, legumes, avocado and broccoli.
2 What is vitamin B5 / pantothenic acid?
Vitamin B5 is also known as pantothenic acid. The vitamin participates in the most diverse functions in the human organism. Vitamin B5 helps to break down proteins and fats and convert food into energy.
3 What is the daily requirement of vitamin B5?
According to the German Society for Nutrition (DGE), the recommended daily amount of vitamin B5 for an adult person is approximately 6 milligrams of pantothenic acid. This amount corresponds to a can of peanuts. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should take in a little more vitamin B5, as they have an increased need. In general, one should always bear in mind that age, weight and height always play a significant role. Factors such as diet and lifestyle should also be taken into account. There are different groups of people who need more vitamin B5 than usual. These include pregnant and breastfeeding women, for example, as they have to provide for their offspring. People who exercise a lot and are physically very active generally need more vitamins and nutrients. This naturally includes vitamin B5. Dialysis patients and diabetics have an increased need for vitamin B5. People with chronic intestinal diseases need considerably more vitamin B5.
4. causes of a vitamin B5 deficiency
- heavy drinking
- chronic liver diseases
- intestinal dysfunction
- Vitamin Loss
- Disturbance in the absorption of vitamin B5
Vitamineule® Vitamin B5 capsules
In our online shop you will find our vitamin B5 capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamin Owl® Vitamin B5 capsules contain 250 µg vegetable pantothenic acid per capsule. Each can contains 90 capsules. Besides fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee for all products.
5. conclusion: Which foods contain vitamin B5 / pantothenic acid?
Both animal and vegetable foods contain vitamin B5. However, larger amounts of vitamin B5 are contained in animal products. Vitamin B5 should be taken in daily through a healthy and balanced diet. In case of a vitamin B5 deficiency, one should change one's diet to foods rich in vitamin B5 and, if necessary, supplement vitamin B5 in the form of dietary supplements.
- Vitamin B5 (d-pantothenic acid) localizes in myelinated structures of the rat brain: Potential role for cerebral vitamin B5 stores in local myelin homeostasis
- Fabrication and characterization of vitamin B5 loaded poly (l-lactide-co-caprolactone)/silk fiber aligned electrospun nanofibers for schwann cell proliferation
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) in fortified foods: comparison of a novel ultra-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method and a microbiological assay (AOAC Official Method 992.07)
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) in Infant Formula and Adult/ Pediatric Nutritional Formula by Ultra-High Pressure Liquid Chromatography/Tandem Mass Spectrometry Method: Collaborative Study, Final Action 2012.16
- Experimental Raman and IR spectral and theoretical studies of vibrational spectrum and molecular structure of pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)