Team vitamin owl
Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. what is the importance of bitter substances for the intestine?
Bitter substances not only promote saliva production, but also stimulate the activity of the liver, gall bladder and pancreas. Thus, fat digestion is facilitated and gastrointestinal movement is increased. As a result, gastric emptying is accelerated. In addition, bitter substances provide increased production of hydrochloric acid, which is produced in the stomach. In this process, cravings may decrease and it may lead to weight loss.
2. definition of bitter substances
Bitters are substances which taste very bitter. They are a generic term for a whole range of different chemical compounds that are found in many different plants. For plants, bitter substances are especially important to ward off predators. Natural bitter compounds influence digestion and stimulate the production of gastric acid.
3. how to integrate bitter substances into the diet?
Bitters are very healthy and should be a regular part of your diet every day. Bitters should always come from natural and fresh foods. In ready-made products, the bitter taste does not come from bitter substances, but in most cases is produced by additives. Vegetables such as peppers, cabbage, radishes, arugula and radicchio are particularly rich in bitter substances. In the case of fruits, grapefruit and pomelo are particularly suitable. The bitter taste of many vegetables and fruits has been conventionally bred out. Therefore, one should pay attention to untreated and also older vegetable and fruit varieties and also use wild herbs and good oils for cooking.
4. bitter substances in the form of food supplements
If you want to supplement bitter substances in the form of food supplements, you should definitely pay attention to the form of the active ingredient and its origin. Bitter capsules in particular are excellent for increasing the amount of bitter substances in the body. They are very well tolerated and are utilized by the body to a high degree. Likewise, the preparation should not contain any chemical additives such as microcrystalline cellulose. If you buy a preparation from Germany, you can be sure that the product has also been produced safely and is of high quality.
Vitamineule® bitter capsules
In our online store you can find our bitter substance capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® bitter capsules contain milk thistle, artichoke, dandelion root, bitter orange, wormwood herb, gentian root, valerian root, yarrow per capsule. Each tin contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: What is the importance of bitter substances for the intestine?
Bitters not only promote healthy intestinal activity, but also make food more digestible. In the process, saliva flow is promoted and digestive juices are activated. Bitters can help with weight loss because they inhibit appetite and stimulate bile activity. Through a healthy diet, bitter substances should be consumed daily. In case of deficiency, supplementation of bitter substances in the form of dietary supplements will help.
- Management of Iron-Deficiency Anemia in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Management of Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Disclaimer and General Medical Notice: The content presented in our health blog is for neutral information and general education purposes only. It does not constitute a recommendation or advertisement of any diagnostic method, treatment or drug described or mentioned. The text does not claim to be complete, nor can the timeliness, accuracy and balance of the information presented be guaranteed. The text is in no way a substitute for professional advice from a physician or pharmacist, and it should not be used as a basis for independent diagnosis and initiation, modification, or termination of treatment of any disease. Always consult your trusted physician for any health questions or complaints. Mach Dich Wach! GmbH and the authors accept no liability for any inconvenience or damage resulting from the use of the information presented here.