Team Vitamin Owl
Questions, wishes or suggestions? Simply contact us by e-mail or on Facebook.
1. what is vitamin B2?
Vitamin B2 is an essential vitamin for the human body. It is also known as riboflavin. Vitamin B2 participates in many metabolic processes and is particularly important for energy production. Dairy products and offal are particularly good sources of vitamin B2. Excessive amounts of vitamin B2 cannot be stored in the human organism, but are excreted in the urine.
2 Which foods contain vitamin B2?
- Wholemeal products
- Fruit varieties such as plums
- Vegetables such as broccoli
3 What does the body need vitamin B2 for?
- Vitamin B2 is involved in the production of energy from fats, proteins and carbohydrates
- Vitamin B2 plays an important role in the formation of red blood cells
- Vitamin B2 protects the body from oxidative stress
- Vitamin B2 serves the maintenance of glutathione
4. what is the daily requirement of vitamin B2?
The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends a daily dose of 1.0 - 1.4 mg vitamin B2 for adults. For a small child, the recommended amounts of vitamin B2 are naturally lower. Adolescents and pregnant women have a higher requirement of vitamin B2. Vitamin B2 is best taken daily through a healthy and balanced diet to avoid a vitamin B2 deficiency.
A vitamin B2 deficiency can be recognised by various signs such as
- Changes in the eyes
- Changes in the skin
- Changes in the mucous membranes
Vitamin B2 is also known as riboflavin. It is a water-soluble and heat-sensitive vitamin. Vitamin B2 is responsible for the energy production of fats, proteins and carbohydrates. It is also essential for the formation of red blood cells. Vitamin B2 should normally be taken in daily through a healthy and balanced diet.
- Supplementation with Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) for Migraine Prophylaxis in Adults and Children: A Review
- Influence of vitamin B2 on formation of chromium(V), alkali labile sites, and lethality of sodium chromate(VI) in Chinese hamster V-79 cells
- Rapid determination of vitamin B2 secretion by bacteria growing on solid media
- [Vitamin B2 content determination in liver paste by using acid and acid-enzyme hydrolysis]
- [Study on vitamin B1, vitamin B2 retention factors in vegetables]