Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. what is the difference between folic acid and folate?
Many people wonder what the difference is between folic acid and folate. Folate occurs naturally in foods. Since folate, like all B vitamins, is water soluble, it cannot be stored in the body. It must be consumed daily through a healthy and balanced diet. Folic acid is the synthesized form of vitamin B9. Folic acid is often found in dietary supplements.
2. cooking with foods containing folic acid
Foods containing folic acid are best included in our diet on a daily basis. Examples include spinach, kale, chickpeas, sour cherries, and strawberries. Like all B vitamins, folic acid is very sensitive. Too much light and heat destroys the vitamin, which is why you should pay attention to several things when preparing it. Vegetables containing folic acid are best washed and chopped only briefly. Instead of boiling the vegetables hot, it is better to steam the food briefly so that a lot of the vitamin is retained. 3.
3 The daily requirement of folic acid
The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends a daily intake of 400 micrograms of folic acid for an adult. People who consume larger amounts of alcohol have a higher requirement for folic acid. For women who wish to have children, nursing mothers or pregnant women, the recommended intake of folic acid is 800 micrograms per day. The dosage and daily requirement may vary in certain life situations, such as pregnancy and breastfeeding or during heavy physical exertion.
4. folic acid in the form of food supplements
If you want to increase a folate level that is too low with a food supplement, you should definitely pay attention to the form of the active ingredient and its origin. Folate capsules are particularly suitable for increasing folate levels. They are very well tolerated and are utilized by the body to a high degree. The preparation should also not contain any chemical additives. If you buy a preparation from Germany, you can be sure that the product has also been produced safely and is of high quality.
Vitamineule® Folic acid capsules
In our online shop you will find our folic acid capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® folic acid capsules contain 400 µg pure folate per capsule. Each tin contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: What is the difference between folic acid and folate?
Folate is the natural version of vitamin B9 and is found in foods. Folic acid is the synthesized form and is commonly used in supplements. When it comes to supplementation, you can choose between capsules and tablets. Both forms are easy to use and enter the circulation quickly.
- Management of Iron-Deficiency Anemia in Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Management of Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Microbial growth on C1 compounds. The role of folate in the metabolism of Pseudomonas AM1
- Assessment of low-density lipoprotein oxidation, paraoxonase activity, and arterial distensibility in epileptic children who were treated with anti-epileptic drugs
- Effects of early human recombinant erythropoietin therapy on the transfusion in healthy preterm infants