Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. what is 5-HTP?
- 5-HTP is an amino acid. It is formed by the human organism from the amino acid L-tryptophan.
- As a direct precursor of serotonin, 5-HTP can cross the blood-brain barrier and be effectively converted to serotonin.
- This can greatly increase serotonin synthesis in the central nervous system.
- The produced serotonin can perform its functions in the human organism.
2. which foods contain L-tryptophan?
Foods that contain L-tryptophan:
3. symptoms of a serotonin deficiency
You can recognize a serotonin deficiency by different symptoms:
- Inner tension
- Difficulty concentrating
- Feeling of hunger
- rapid exhaustion
4. 5-HTP in the form of food supplements
5-HTP capsules or tablets can be taken together with water or juice. Depending on the goal, the time of intake also plays an important role. Those who take 5-HTP for better sleep should take it two hours before sleeping. For a permanent increase in serotonin levels, several portions can be taken throughout the day. We recommend taking 5-HTP capsules, which are free of artificial additives and produced in Germany. The half-life of 5-HTP is about five hours. The maximum effect is felt after two hours. Those who take 5-HTP to sleep better should take a portion two hours before going to bed.
Vitamineule® 5-HTP capsules
In our online shop you will find our 5-HTP capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® 5-HTP capsules contain 100mg 5-Hydroxytryptophan per capsule per capsule. Each tin contains 90 caps ules.In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: what is 5-HTP?
5-HTP is an amino acid which is formed from L-tryptophan. Serotonin is produced from 5-HTP. Serotonin regulates mood and inhibits aggression. A serotonin deficiency is often suspected in cases of anxiety or mood swings. Then one should increase the serotonin deficiency for example by supplementing 5-HTP in the form of dietary supplements.
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP): Natural Occurrence, Analysis, Biosynthesis, Biotechnology, Physiology and Toxicology.
- 5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically-effective serotonin precursor
- Pharmacotherapeutic management of sleep disorders in children with neurodevelopmental disorders
Disclaimer and general notice on medical topics: The content presented in our health blog is for neutral information and general education purposes only. It does not constitute a recommendation or advertisement of any diagnostic method, treatment or drug described or mentioned. The text does not claim to be complete, nor can the timeliness, accuracy and balance of the information presented be guaranteed. The text is in no way a substitute for professional advice from a physician or pharmacist and it should not be used as a basis for independent diagnosis and initiation, modification or cessation of treatment of any disease. Always consult your trusted physician for any health questions or complaints. Mach Dich Wach! GmbH and the authors accept no liability for any inconvenience or damage resulting from the use of the information presented here. 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP): Natural Occurrence, Analysis, Biosynthesis, Biotechnology, Physiology and Toxicology