Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. when should magnesium be taken during sport?
Many people would like to supplement magnesium in the form of dietary supplements. The important thing to remember is that magnesium should be taken before a workout session. Those who exercise regularly should also pay attention to long-term supplementation of magnesium. Magnesium can improve muscle function and maintain performance in the long term. The mineral also promotes the bounce of the joints. If the magnesium depot is sufficiently filled, the muscle cells can optimally release their energy.
What is the daily requirement of magnesium?
According to the recommendation of the German Nutrition Society (DGE), adults should consume approx. 300-400 mg of magnesium per day. The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), which sets the NRV, recommends 350 mg of magnesium per day for men and 300 mg for women. Children should consume between 170-300 mg of magnesium depending on their age.
3. causes of magnesium deficiency
- Diet: since the body cannot produce magnesium itself, magnesium must be consumed daily through a healthy and balanced diet. An unbalanced diet or dieting can lead to a magnesium deficiency. If foods rich in magnesium are cooked for too long, large parts of the magnesium can be lost. Increased alcohol consumption can trigger increased magnesium excretion.
- Sport: through sporting activities the human organism loses minerals through sweat. The more sport one does, the more magnesium is excreted. For this reason, athletes often have an increased need for magnesium. Magnesium increases the need for energy and is very important for physically active people.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding: during pregnancy and breastfeeding, magnesium consumption is increased. This is due to the fact that the unborn child is supplied with magnesium through the umbilical cord and the infant through breast milk.
4. magnesium in the form of food supplements
If you want to increase a magnesium level that is too low with a dietary supplement, you should definitely pay attention to the form of the active ingredient and its origin. Magnesium capsules are particularly suitable for increasing magnesium levels. They are very well tolerated and are utilized by the body to a high degree. The preparation should also not contain any chemical additives such as magnesium stearate or microcrystalline cellulose. If you buy a preparation from Germany, you can be sure that the product has also been produced safely and is of high quality.
Vitamineule® Magnesium Capsules
In our online shop you will find our magnesium capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Magnesium Capsules contain 100 mg of pure magnesium per capsule. 90 capsules per can .In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: When should you take magnesium during sports?
If you want to take magnesium during sports, you should supplement magnesium before the training session. Magnesium works from the first intake, but is best taken over a long-term period to achieve better results. When supplementing magnesium, you can choose between magnesium capsules and magnesium tablets.