Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. the healthy effect of glucomannan
Glucomannan is a soluble dietary fiber extracted from the roots of the konjac plant. It is often used as a dietary supplement and is known for its potentially healthy effects. Here are some of the benefits associated with glucomannan:
Weight management: glucomannan can help reduce or maintain weight. It has the ability to absorb water and swell in the stomach, creating a feeling of satiety. This can make you feel full faster and eat fewer calories.
Improving Gut Health: Glucomannan may have a positive effect on gut health because it serves as a prebiotic fiber. Prebiotics promote the growth of healthy gut bacteria, which in turn can improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Blood sugar control: glucomannan may help regulate blood sugar levels. It can slow the absorption of carbohydrates in the intestines and reduce glucose absorption, which can lead to more stable blood sugar levels.
Lowering cholesterol: There is some evidence that glucomannan may lower cholesterol. It can reduce the absorption of cholesterol from food and affect the production of cholesterol in the liver.
2. how to lose weight with glucomannan?
Glucomannan can assist in weight loss in several ways:
Sense of satiety: glucomannan has the property of binding water in the stomach and forming a gel-like volume. This creates a long-lasting feeling of satiety, which can help reduce calorie intake. By taking glucomannan before meals, it can help control portion sizes and prevent overeating.
Reducing caloric intake: the swelling effect of glucomannan can increase the volume of food consumed while keeping the amount of calories the same. This supports the energy deficit for weight loss as fewer calories are consumed.
Slowed digestion: Glucomannan slows the digestion of carbohydrates in the intestines and delays the absorption of glucose into the blood. This can help keep blood sugar levels stable and reduce cravings and the rise in insulin levels after a meal. Stable blood sugar control is important to optimize fat metabolism and reduce fat intake.
Prebiotic Effect: Glucomannan serves as a prebiotic fiber that promotes the growth of healthy intestinal bacteria. A healthy intestinal flora can positively influence digestion and metabolism and thus support weight management.
3. where does glucomannan come from?
Glucomannan is derived from the roots of the konjac plant (Amorphophallus konjac). This plant belongs to the arum family (Araceae) and is native to East and Southeast Asia, particularly countries such as China, Japan, Korea, Thailand and Indonesia. The roots of the konjac plant contain high amounts of glucomannan, a soluble dietary fiber. To produce glucomannan, the roots are harvested, cleaned and crushed. The glucomannan is then extracted from the crushed roots. The extract is usually dried and ground into a fine powder that can be used as a dietary supplement or food additive. The powder has a high water-binding capacity and swells in liquid, giving it its gel-like consistency. There are also other methods of obtaining glucomannan, for example from other plant species such as the devil's tongue tree (Amorphophallus rivieri).
4. glucomannan in the form of food supplements
If you want to take glucomannan in the form of dietary supplements, you should definitely pay attention to the form of the active ingredient and its origin. Glucomannan capsules are particularly suitable for increasing the glucomannan value. They are very well tolerated and is utilized by the body to a high degree. Likewise, the preparation should not contain chemical additives such as magnesium stearate or microcrystalline cellulose. If you buy a preparation from Germany, you can be sure that the product has also been produced safely and is of high quality.
Vitamineule® Glucomannan Capsules
In our online store you can find our Glucomannan capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Glucomannan Capsules contain 500 mg of pure Glucomannan per capsule. Each can contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: the healthy effect of glucomannan
In conclusion, glucomannan can have a significant effect on the body. As a soluble dietary fiber derived from the roots of the konjac plant, glucomannan offers a variety of potential health benefits. Glucomannan can help with weight management by creating a long-lasting feeling of fullness, reducing caloric intake and stabilizing blood sugar levels. Due to its prebiotic effect, it also supports intestinal health and improves the absorption of nutrients. In addition, glucomannan may help lower cholesterol and promote heart health. It is important to note that glucomannan is most effective when used in combination with a healthy diet and active lifestyle.
- Management of Iron-Deficiency Anemia in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Management of Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Inhibitory effect of konjac glucomanan on pitting corrosion of AA5052 aluminum alloy in NaCl solution
- Physicochemical properties and cellular protection against oxidation of degraded konjac glucomannan prepared by γ-irradiation
- Disclaimer and general notice on medical topics: The content presented in our health blog is for neutral information and general education purposes only. They do not constitute a recommendation or advertisement of the diagnostic methods, treatments or medicines described or mentioned. The text does not claim to be complete, nor can the timeliness, accuracy and balance of the information presented be guaranteed. The text is in no way a substitute for professional advice from a physician or pharmacist, and it should not be used as a basis for independent diagnosis and initiation, modification, or termination of treatment of any disease. Always consult your trusted physician for any health questions or complaints. Mach Dich Wach! GmbH and the authors accept no liability for any inconvenience or damage resulting from the use of the information presented here.