Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. selenium and iodine for the prevention of thyroid diseases
The trace elements iodine and selenium are particularly essential for the human organism. They prevent thyroid diseases, stimulate energy metabolism and support brain function. In order to be sufficiently supplied, one should always take in enough iodine and selenium through a healthy and balanced diet, since the human organism cannot produce the two trace elements itself. When iodine and selenium are ingested, they pass through the intestines into the blood and then into the thyroid gland. A deficiency manifests itself through symptoms such as a feeling of pressure in the throat, breathing and swallowing difficulties, and extreme fatigue.
2 The daily requirement of iodine
The recommended daily intake increases, however, with physical activity, since iodine is excreted through sweat. The recommended daily intake of iodine for pregnant and breastfeeding women is about 230 µg, because they have to take care of their child.
3. the daily requirement of selenium
Men need more selenium than women. According to the German Nutrition Society (DGE), an adult man should take in 70 micrograms of selenium a day. For women it is 60 micrograms. Breast-feeding mothers have a higher requirement in order to supply their child with sufficient selenium through their breast milk. Here, the recommended amount is 75 micrograms of selenium. Children under 10 years of age should take about 30 micrograms of selenium a day. For children between 10 and 15 years of age, the daily requirement is already 50 micrograms of selenium. However, these recommended values do not apply to people with an increased selenium requirement due to illness. In general, one should keep in mind that age, weight and size always play a significant role.
4. iodine in the form of food supplements
If you want to increase an iodine level that is too low with a dietary supplement, you should definitely pay attention to the form of the active ingredient and its origin. Iodine capsules are particularly suitable for increasing iodine levels. They are very well tolerated and are utilized by the body to a high degree. Likewise, the preparation should not contain any chemical additives. If you buy a preparation from Germany, you can be sure that the product has also been produced safely and is of high quality.
Vitamineule® Iodine Capsules
In our online store you will find our iodine capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Iodine Capsules contain 400µg iodine from kelp extract per capsule. Each can contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: selenium and iodine for the prevention of thyroid disease.
Many people wonder if iodine and selenium can prevent thyroid disease. The trace elements are indeed responsible for the prevention of thyroid disease. In addition, they stimulate energy metabolism and support brain function. A healthy lifestyle provides sufficient iodine and selenium. Thus, one can counteract a deficiency. In case of a deficiency, the supplementation of iodine and selenium capsules can help very well. When taking them, one should stick to the daily dose and always discuss changes with a doctor.
- Management of Iron-Deficiency Anemia in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Management of Iron Deficiency Anemia.
- Efficacy of adding a physiotherapy rehabilitation program to arthroscopic management of femoroacetabular impingement syndrome: a randomised controlled trial (FAIR)
- Use of antibacterial agents To elucidate the etiology of juvenile oyster disease (JOD) in Crassostrea virginica and numerical dominance of an alpha-proteobacterium in JOD-affected animals
- Disclaimer and general notice on medical topics: The content presented in our health blog is for neutral information and general education purposes only. It does not constitute a recommendation or advertisement of any diagnostic method, treatment or drug described or mentioned. The text does not claim to be complete, nor can the timeliness, accuracy and balance of the information presented be guaranteed. The text is in no way a substitute for professional advice from a physician or pharmacist, and it should not be used as a basis for independent diagnosis and initiation, modification, or termination of treatment of any disease. Always consult your trusted physician for any health questions or complaints. Mach Dich Wach! GmbH and the authors assume no liability for any inconvenience or damage resulting from the use of the information presented here. 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP): Natural Occurrence, Analysis, Biosynthesis, Biotechnology, Physiology and Toxicology