Questions, wishes or suggestions? Simply contact us by e-mail or on Facebook.
1 Possible side effects of Curcuma
There are no side effects associated with taking curcuma. However, side effects may occur if excessive amounts of curcuma are taken. Possible side effects of curcuma may include bloating, nausea, and vomiting at high doses. However, this only applies to amounts above 2000 mg curcuma per day. For this reason, there is no need to worry about possible side effects of curcuma. However, it should be noted that there may be an interaction with taking aspirin. If you take curcuma and aspirin together, you may experience heavier bleeding, for example during your monthly menstrual period or nosebleeds.
2 What is curcuma?
Curcuma is a tropical mountain plant. Besides curcuma, it is also known as turmeric and belongs to the ginger family. Its taste is somewhat similar to that of ginger, but it tastes rather mildly spicy and slightly bitter. The curcuma plant is found in Southeast Asia and India and grows to about one meter high. Curcuma contains the plant substance curcumin. This plant substance gives the plant its yellow-orange colour. Curcumin has an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effect. Curcuma is used as a spice and as a food supplement in the form of curcuma capsules.
3. fields of application of curcuma
- Alleviation of joint complaints
- Natural regulation of the blood sugar level
- Prevention of arteriosclerosis
- Promotion of the body's own detoxification processes
- anti-inflammatory action
- Activation of dietary fats
- Stimulation of enzyme production in the pancreas
- cholesterol reduction
- Protection of cells from free radicals
4. curcuma as a food supplement
Curcuma is offered in the form of capsules and tablets. Naturally, curcuma is also sold as a powder. These forms are easy to handle and enter the circulation quickly. However, curcuma tablets are sold in pharmacies, which in many cases have been produced with artificial additives or abroad. Curcuma capsules often contain only the active ingredient in a vegetable cellulose shell and can therefore be produced without fillers. In general, it should always be ensured that the product has been produced in Germany in order to guarantee a consistently high preparation quality.
Vitamineule® Iron Capsules
In our online shop you will find our Curcuma capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Curcuma capsules contain 500 mg of pure curcuma per capsule. Each can contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee for all products.
5. conclusion: Possible side effects of curcuma
If you would like to supplement curcuma in the form of dietary supplements, you do not need to worry about possible side effects. Curcuma is generally considered to be very well tolerated and is easy to take. However, possible side effects of curcuma can occur if the dose of curcuma is too high. These include nausea, vomiting and stomach cramps. Excessive doses of curcuma are considered to be 2000 mg of curcuma per day. Those who would like to take curcuma as a dietary supplement can choose between curcuma capsules and curcuma tablets. Both forms are easy to handle and get into circulation quickly.
- Efficacy of Curcuma for Treatment of Osteoarthritis
- Chemical Composition and Biological Activities of Essential Oils of Curcuma Species
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa) and its major constituent (curcumin) as nontoxic and safe substances: Review
- CURCUMA LONGA AS MEDICINAL HERB IN THE TREATMENT OF DIABET- IC COMPLICATIONS
- Chemical constituents and biological research on plants in the genus Curcuma
- Identification of a Quality Marker of Vinegar-Processed Curcuma Zedoaria on Oxidative Liver Injury