Team Vitamin Owl
Questions, wishes or suggestions? Simply contact us by e-mail or on Facebook.
1. possible side effects of OPC (grape seed extract)
Possible side effects of OPC (grape seed extract) are not known and have not yet been thoroughly investigated. In exceptional cases, some people feel uncomfortable when taking OPC. However, the reason for this can be easily explained. The reason is the increased blood flow in the human organism. OPC ensures the outflow of toxic substances. These include alkalis, cells and acids. In rare cases, this process causes a short feeling of discomfort or headaches as the organism excretes the waste products. In this case a lot of drinking helps, the best thing is water. Until all signs of detoxification have disappeared, coffee and alcohol should be avoided. OPC also has a slightly blood-thinning effect and should not be taken with blood-thinning medication. A doctor or pharmacist should always be consulted.
2 What is OPC?
In medicine, besides OPC grape seed extract, one speaks of oligomeric proanthocyanidins. This is an effective herbal vital substance. These so-called plant substances have a beneficial effect on human health. OPC belongs to the group of polyphenols. In addition to OPC grape seed extract, it is also referred to as vitamin P. Pure OPC occurs as a natural defence in plants. It protects and strengthens plants from harmful environmental influences. OPC can be found in particularly high concentrations in berries with red skin. Nowadays, grapes are the main source of OPC. The OPC content is also particularly high in grape seeds, apples and nuts.
3. areas of application of OPC
OPC is one of the most essential antioxidants. OPC grape seed extract protects the organism from the attacks of free radicals and helps with all kinds of stress. It plays an important role in maintaining normal and healthy skin. The moisture barrier of the skin cells is improved by the alpha hydroxy acid contained in OPC. Thus an OPC-containing skin cream ensures faster wound healing and the reduction of scars. That is why OPC is also very well known in the cosmetic industry as it is supposed to provide the well-known anti-aging effect. In addition, OPC ensures strong, shiny and healthier hair. Furthermore, the polyphenols contained in OPC neutralize oxygen radicals which can cause inflammations in the body. They also help to improve vitamin C activity and protect the organism against bacteria, viruses and diseases. OPC protects cell structures and the genetic make-up and neutralizes different types of free radicals. Furthermore, OPC acts as a vascular protection by preventing excessive permeability of the vessel walls. Further tasks are the reduction of tissue damage, the strengthening of blood vessels and the improvement of blood circulation. As OPC is a blood-thinning agent, it also improves blood circulation.
OPC grape seed extract ...
- protects the body against the attacks of free radicals
- reduces tissue damage
- strengthens the blood vessels
- improves the blood circulation
- ensures better blood circulation
- contributes to a normal energy metabolism
- protects the cells from oxidative stress
- strengthens hair growth
- improves vitamin C activity
4 Which foods contain OPC?
OPC is found in various plants and fruits.
Especially the shells, kernels and core of the below mentioned foods contain a high amount of OPC.
The recommended amount of the vitamin for an adult is between 150-400 mg. It should also be noted that the dosage of OPC also depends on your age, sex, weight and energy requirements.
OPC content in food in mg/100g:
- Cocoa powder approx. 657
- Grape seeds approx. 373
- Pecan nuts approx. 85
- Plums approx. 72
- Cranberries approx. 52
- Pinto beans approx. 46
- Red wine approx. 39
- Almonds approx. 26
- Apples approx. 22
- Strawberries approx. 14
- Blueberries approx. 13
Vitamin Owl® OPC Capsules
In our online shop you will find our OPC capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives.
The OPC capsules contain a total of 300mg of pure OPC per capsule. Each can contains
90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six month return guarantee for all products.
OPC is a plant vital substance. OPC can be found in many types of fruit such as apples, blueberries and of course grapes. OPC protects the body from free radicals and ensures a healthy immune system. You can buy OPC grape seed extract in the form of OPC capsules and OPC tablets. Both forms are easy to handle and quickly enter the circulation. It is important to keep to the recommended daily dosage and to use a preparation from Germany without additives. Possible side effects are not known with OPC.
- Human papillomavirus-associated oropharynx cancer (HPV-OPC): treatment options
- Using OPC and HL7 Standards to Incorporate an Industrial Big Data Historian in a Health IT Environment
- White Matter Stroke Induces a Unique Oligo-Astrocyte Niche That Inhibits Recovery
- Oligodendrocytes in Development, Myelin Generation and Beyond
- The impact of HPV vaccination on the prevalence of oropharyngeal cancer (OPC) in a hospital-based population: A cross-sectional study of patient's registry
- OPC UA Publish-Subscribe and VSOME/IP Notify-Subscribe Based Gateway Application in the Context of Car to Infrastructure Communication
- Effect of OPC-12759, a novel antiulcer agent, on chronic and acute experimental gastric ulcer, and gastric secretion in rats
- A cross-sectional survey of awareness of human papillomavirus-associated oropharyngeal cancer among general practitioners in the UK
- Effects of the V(2)-receptor antagonist OPC-41061 and the loop diuretic furosemide alone and in combination in rats