Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. can vitamin D and calcium be taken together?
Calcium and vitamin D play an essential role in bone metabolism. This is done to prevent excessive bone mass in adults and the elderly. In children and adolescents, on the other hand, vitamin D and calcium are very important for building the skeleton. During growth, humans need sufficient peak bone mass to develop well. This can be formed by calcium. Calcium is quantitatively the most important mineral in the human organism and essential for the bones. Vitamin supports calcium in three ways. It improves the absorption, helps in the incorporation of calcium into the bones and supports the hardening of the bones.
2. the daily requirement of vitamin D3 and calcium
The German Society for Nutrition recommends a daily amount of vitamin D3 of 4000 IU for an adult person. However, it should always be noted that height, gender and body weight play a major role in this. Age is particularly important, as the daily content is significantly lower in children and infants. In pregnant and breastfeeding women, the daily amount of vitamin D3 increases significantly again.
The daily requirement of calcium depends on age and sex. The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends a daily calcium intake of approx. 900-1000 mg for adults. For infants, an amount of approx. 500 mg is sufficient. Pregnant and breastfeeding women, on the other hand, should consume about 1300 mg of calcium, as they have to provide for their offspring. However, the daily requirement can vary depending on body size and weight.
3. causes of vitamin D3 deficiency
- Taking certain medicines (medicines for epilepsy, for example)
- Increased excretion of vitamin D3
- Impaired absorption of vitamin D3
- too little exposure to sunlight
- increased need (e.g. pregnancy)
4. vitamin D and calcium in the form of food supplements
Vitamin D and calcium can be taken in the form of food supplements. It is important to pay attention to the form of the active ingredient and its origin. Capsules are particularly suitable for this purpose. They are very well tolerated and are utilized by the body to a high degree. The preparation should also not contain any chemical additives such as microcrystalline cellulose. If you buy a preparation from Germany, you can be sure that the product has also been produced safely and is of high quality.
Vitamineule® Vitamin D3 Capsules
In our online shop you will find our vitamin D3 capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Vitamin D3 capsules contain 30.000 i.E. cholecalciferol from lichen per capsule. Each can contains 90 caps ules.In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: Can vitamin D and calcium be taken together?
Vitamin D and calcium can be taken together. Vitamin D has a positive effect on calcium. Vitamin supports calcium in three ways. It improves the absorption, helps with the incorporation of calcium into the bones and supports the hardening of the bones. Those who would like to supplement vitamin D and calcium can choose between capsules and tablets. Both forms are easy to use and enter the circulation quickly.
- [Vitamin D metabolism.]
- Comparison of vitamin D2 and vitamin D3 supplementation in raising serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D status: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Vitamin D and Autoimmune Diseases: Is Vitamin D Receptor (VDR) Polymorphism the Culprit?
- Habitual dietary calcium intakes and calcium metabolism in healthy Chinese adults: a systematic review and meta-analysis
- Calcium and calmodulin