Team Vitamin Owl
Questions, wishes or suggestions? Simply contact us by e-mail or on Facebook.
1. Can vitamin D be overdosed?
An overdose of the vitamin is not possible through normal diet or sunlight. An excess of the vitamin occurs if too many high-dose vitamin D preparations are taken. Anyone who takes more than 100 mg of vitamin D in the form of capsules or tablets runs the risk of getting dangerous consequences. In severe cases of overdose, kidney stones can even develop. Unlike other vitamins, vitamin D is not excreted in the urine, but is stored in muscle and fat tissue.
2 What is vitamin D?
Vitamin D is an essential vitamin. It belongs to the fat-soluble vitamins and is essential for the human organism. In medicine, vitamins are defined as organic compounds that should be taken in daily. However vitamin D is an exception. In contrast to other vitamins, the human organism can produce vitamin D itself. The vitamin is produced when the skin is exposed to sunlight. In case of high solar radiation approx. 80% of vitamin D can be produced by the body itself. However, since nowadays not many people regularly spend time outdoors, more and more people suffer from a vitamin D deficiency.
3. vitamin D in combination with calcium
Calcium is essential for bone formation. Vitamin D supports the absorption of calcium. Therefore a combination of vitamin D and calcium can be very useful. Calcium is absorbed in the intestine, and the intake rate is significantly improved by taking vitamin D. As a helper, the vitamin supports the integration of calcium into the bones. In doing so, it helps the bones to harden and mineralise.
4. symptoms of vitamin D deficiency
- Hair Loss
- increased susceptibility to infections
- muscle pain, aching limbs
- impaired bone mineralisation
- Bone Loss
- poor wound-healing
- permanent depletion
- common illnesses
- decreasing productivity
Vitamin Owl® Vitamin D3 capsules
In our online shop you will find our Vitamin D3 capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamin Owl® Vitamin D3 capsules contain 30.000 i.E. Cholecalciferol from lichens. Each can contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee for all products.
5. conclusion: can vitamin D be overdosed?
An extreme intake of vitamin D in the form of food supplements can lead to an overdose of vitamin D. It is not possible to overdose the vitamin through a normal diet or sunlight. In severe cases, an overdose can cause kidney stones. Who can try to absorb vitamin D through sunlight and a healthy and balanced diet.
- Vitamin D and autoimmune diseases: Is Vitamin D Receptor (VDR) Polymorphism the Culprit?
- Effects of Vitamin D Supplementation on Muscle Strength in Athletes: A Systematic Review
- DOES VITAMIN D METABOLITE MEASUREMENT HELP PREDICT 25(OH)D CHANGE FOLLOWING VITAMIN D SUPPLEMENTATION?
- [Vitamin D deficiency in Spanish population. Importance of egg on nutritional improvement]