Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. can chromium be stored in the human organism?
Many people wonder whether chromium can be stored in the body. Chromium is stored in the human organism in organs such as the liver and spleen. In addition, chromium is found in muscles, fat and bones. The trace element is particularly essential for the metabolism of carbohydrates. Its importance as an essential trace element was discovered in 1959.
2. for which functions is chromium responsible in the body?
- contributes to normal metabolism of macronutrients
- contributes to the maintenance of normal blood sugar levels
3. what is the daily requirement of chromium?
According to the German Nutrition Society (DGE), the recommended daily amount of chromium for an adult is 30 to 100 micrograms. One should generally always keep in mind that age, weight and height always play a significant role. Furthermore, factors such as diet and lifestyle should be taken into account.
Chromium is found in particular in shrimps, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers, spinach, lettuce, wheat germ, oatmeal, pears, meat, eggs and whole grain products.
The chromium content in food (in µg)
- 100 grams of whole spelt flour - 21µg
- 150 grams of pear - 40 µg
- 150 grams of tomato - 30 µg
- 150 grams of broccoli - 24 µg
- 150 grams cucumber - 21µg
- 100 grams of mushrooms - 17 µg
- 2 tablespoons Brazil nuts - 33 µg
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder - 15.9 µg
- 50 grams of mussels - 63 µg
- 50 grams shrimps - 12,5 µg
- 150 grams of Brussels sprouts - 21µg
4. chromium in the form of food supplements
If you want to increase a too low chromium level with a dietary supplement, you should definitely pay attention to the form of the active ingredient and its origin. Chromium capsules are particularly suitable for increasing chromium levels. They are very well tolerated and are utilized by the body to a high degree. Likewise, the preparation should not contain any chemical additives such as microcrystalline cellulose. If you buy a preparation from Germany, you can be sure that the product has also been produced safely and is of high quality.
Vitamineule® Chromium Capsules
In our online store you will find our chromium capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® chromium capsules contain 500 µg of pure chromium per capsule. Each can contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: Can chromium be stored in the human organism?
When taking chromium in the form of dietary supplements, part of the intake can be stored in the human organism. This part is located in muscles, fat and bones. Chromium is present in both animal and plant foods. In case of deficiency, supplementation of chromium in the form of food supplements can be very helpful. Here, one can choose between chromium capsules and chromium tablets. Both forms are easy to use and enter the circulation quickly. When taking them, one should always stick to the recommended daily dose and discuss any changes with a doctor.
- Management of Iron-Deficiency Anemia in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
Management of Iron Deficiency Anemia
- Disclaimer and General Medical Notice: The content presented in our health blog is for neutral information and general education purposes only. It does not constitute a recommendation or advertisement of any diagnostic method, treatment or drug described or mentioned. The text does not claim to be complete, nor can the timeliness, accuracy and balance of the information presented be guaranteed. The text is in no way a substitute for professional advice from a physician or pharmacist, and it should not be used as a basis for independent diagnosis and initiation, modification, or termination of treatment of any disease. Always consult your trusted physician for any health questions or complaints. Mach Dich Wach! GmbH and the authors accept no liability for any inconvenience or damage resulting from the use of the information presented here.