Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. is vitamin B12 important for the immune system?
Vitamin B12 is essential for the immune system. It protects the body from free radicals and pathogens. Furthermore, it contributes to the maintenance of healthy mucous membranes and protects the organism from oxidative stress. Vitamin B12 influences cell growth and reduces fatigue.
2. what is vitamin B12?
Vitamin B12 is an essential vitamin. It is the only water-soluble vitamin that can be stored in the body for a very long period of time. Vitamin B12 plays a special role in various metabolic processes. The vitamin ensures that the nerves are strengthened and that concentration can be maintained for longer. Vitamin B12 supports the body in blood formation and is therefore also called the red vitamin.
3. Which groups of people are at high risk of vitamin B12 deficiency?
- Vegans (as the largest amounts of vitamin B12 are only found in animal foods)
- Women who are pregnant or breastfeeding, as they have increased nutritional needs
- People with a congenital or genetic digestive disorder
- People with gastrointestinal diseases (e.g. ulcerative colitis)
- People with a poorly functioning pancreas
4. foods with a high vitamin B12 content
Animal products such as meat, fish and dairy products are particularly high in vitamin B12. The foods with the highest vitamin B12 content are as follows: Vitamin B12 content per 100 grams: liver: approx. 30 - 60 mg oysters: approx. 15 mg tuna: approx. 4 mg hen's egg: approx. 2mg emmental cheese: approx. 3mg Since vitamin B12 is sensitive to heat, foods containing vitamin B12 should not be fried for too long. If foods containing vitamin B12 receive too much heat, significant amounts of vitamin B12 can be lost. For this reason, foods containing vitamin B12 should be shallowly fried.
Vitamineule® Vitamin B12 Capsules
In our online shop you will find our vitamin B12 capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Vitamin B12 Capsules contain 500 µg vegetable methylcobalamin per capsule. Each can contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. is vitamin B12 important for the immune system?
Vitamin B12 is important for maintaining a healthy immune system. For this reason, vitamin B12 is best taken daily through a healthy and balanced diet. Vegetarians and vegans in particular should make sure to take in enough vitamin B12, as most of the vitamin is found in animal foods. In this case, supplementation of vitamin B12 in the form of food supplements can be very useful. Here, one can choose between vitamin B12 capsules and vitamin B12 tablets.
- Vitamin B12 in meat and dairy products
- Impact of baseline vitamin B12 status on the effect of vitamin B12 supplementation on neurologic function in older people: secondary analysis of data from the OPEN randomised controlled trial
- Characterization and bioavailability of vitamin B12 compounds from edible algae
- The tissue profile of metabolically active coenzyme forms of vitamin B12 differs in vitamin B12-depleted rats treated with hydroxo-B12 or cyano-B12