Team Vitamin Owl
Questions, wishes or suggestions? Simply contact us by e-mail or on Facebook.
1. is a niacin flush dangerous for the human organism?
A niacin flush is the temporary side effect of taking nicotinic acid. High doses of vitamin B3 can trigger a so-called flush in many people. This is an allergic reaction in which skin redness and itching can occur due to the presence of niacin. Although this is not dangerous, it can be avoided by choosing the right form of niacin. In order to avoid such a reaction, one should resort to Niacin "flush free".
Two. What is niacin?
Niacin is a vitamin. This belongs to the group of B vitamins. Like all B vitamins, niacin is water-soluble. Niacin is also called nicotinic acid or vitamin B3 in medicine. Niacin is produced in the liver from the amino acid tryptophan. The vitamin is present in all body tissues. It is essential for energy production and metabolism. Niacin ensures the regeneration of muscles, nerves, skin and DNA. In this blog you can read about the positive effects of vitamin B3 on the human body and how you can counteract a niacin deficiency.
3 How can a niacin deficiency occur?
A niacin deficiency can be caused by a variety of factors:
- a reduced ability to absorb the vitamin (e.g. through a disturbance in the digestion of fat)
- a long lasting wrong diet or nutrition
- diseases such as anorexia
- the long-term use of certain medicines
- chronic liver damage
- Alcohol abuse
- insufficient supply (with main maize nutrition)
- Carcinoids (neuroendocrine tumours)
- long fasting
4. the correct dose of niacin
The correct dosage of niacin varies from person to person. The German Society for Nutrition (DGE) has determined how high the daily requirement of the vitamin should be.
Women are recommended to take 10-13 mg of niacin per day. Men, on the other hand, should achieve a daily intake of about 14-17 mg niacin.
Adolescents, pregnant and breastfeeding women have an increased need. Adolescents are still growing and should always be provided with sufficient vitamins. Pregnant and breastfeeding women have an increased need, as they still have to supply their offspring. However, it should always be remembered that age, weight and height always play a significant role. Furthermore, factors such as diet and lifestyle should also be taken into account.
Vitamin Owl® Niacin Capsules
In our online shop you will find our niacin capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamin Owl® Niacin capsules contain 500 mg pure niacin per capsule. Each can contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee for all products.
5. conclusion: Is a niacin flush dangerous for the human organism?
A niacin flush is an allergic reaction in which the presence of niacin can cause skin redness and itching. This niacin flush is not dangerous for the human organism, but can be avoided by choosing the right form of niacin. To avoid such a reaction, one should resort to Niacin "flush free". Niacin is available in the form of dietary supplements. You can choose between Niacin capsules and Niacin tablets.
- Niacin in the Central Nervous System: An Update of Biological Aspects and Clinical Applications
- Niacin nutrition and rumen-protected niacin supplementation in dairy cows: an updated review
- Niacin-responding subset of schizophrenia - a therapeutic review
- Final report of the safety assessment of niacinamide and niacin
- Assessment of the Role of Niacin in Managing Cardiovascular Disease Outcomes: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis
- Niacin: an old lipid drug in a new NAD + dress