Questions, wishes or suggestions? Simply contact us by e-mail or on Facebook.
1. the effect of riboflavin (vitamin B2) in the body
- Vitamin B2 is involved in the production of energy from fats, proteins and carbohydrates
- Vitamin B2 plays an important role in the formation of red blood cells
- Vitamin B2 protects the body from oxidative stress
- Vitamin B2 ensures that good vision is maintained
- Vitamin B2 serves the maintenance of glutathione
2. in which foods is vitamin B2 present?
Large amounts of vitamin B2 are found in offal such as liver or kidney. Besides offal, certain types of cheese are also rich in riboflavin. Fish such as pollack or mackerel quickly cover the daily requirement of vitamin B2. The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends a daily dose of 1.0 - 1.4 mg vitamin B2 for adults. For a small child, the recommended amounts of vitamin B2 are naturally lower. Adolescents and pregnant women have a higher need for vitamin B2. Vitamin B2 is best taken daily through a healthy and balanced diet to avoid a vitamin B2 deficiency.
3. can too much vitamin B2 be harmful?
If the human organism receives more vitamin B2 than it needs, the excess riboflavin is excreted in the urine. An extreme surplus of vitamin B2 cannot be absorbed by the intestines at all, so that vitamin B2 is even excreted unused and unprocessed. No side effects are known so far.
4 What happens if there is a lack of vitamin B2?
A lack of vitamin B2 usually occurs very rarely. A vitamin B2 deficiency is only promoted by the intake of certain drugs. These include, for example, the intake of chemotherapeutic drugs and psychotropic drugs. Heavy alcohol abuse can make it difficult to absorb vitamin B2 and can cause a vitamin B2 deficiency.
A vitamin B2 deficiency can be recognised by various signs such as
- Changes in the eyes
- changes in the skin e.g. inflammation of the lip or the corners of the mouth
- Changes in the mucous membranes
Vitamineule® Vitamin B2 Capsules
In our online shop you will find our vitamin B2 capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamin Owl® Vitamin B2 capsules contain 200 mg pure riboflavin per capsule. Each can contains 90 capsules. Besides fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee for all products.
5. conclusion: the effect of riboflavin (vitamin B2) in the body
Vitamin B2 belongs to the water-soluble vitamins. The effect of riboflavin in the body shows the essential role the vitamin plays in various processes. Vitamin B2 is indispensable for the metabolism. Riboflavin also plays an important role in the formation of red blood cells. Since vitamin B2 is only present in small forms in food, one should always make sure that one eats enough food containing vitamin B2. Vitamin B2 can be supplemented in the form of dietary supplements as a support. You can choose between vitamin B2 tablets or vitamin B2 capsules. Both forms are easy to handle and quickly enter the circulation.