Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. functions of chromium
- Improvement of the glucose metabolism
- Reduction of weight
- Suppression of appetite
- Heat production of the body
- Increase of energy expenditure
2. what is chromium?
Chromium is an essential nutrient for the human organism. It belongs to the trace elements and is responsible for several functions. Chromium contributes to a normal metabolism of macronutrients and to the maintenance of a normal blood sugar level. Chromium participates in many chemical reactions and increases the activity of insulin. Those who supplement chromium in the form of food supplements (chromium capsules or chromium tablets) may even notice an improvement in glucose metabolism.
3. content of chromium in food
Chromium is found in particular in shrimps, mushrooms, tomatoes, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cucumbers, spinach, lettuce, wheat germ, oatmeal, pears, meat, eggs and wholemeal products.
The chromium content in food (in µg)
- 100 grams wholemeal spelt flour - 21µg
- 150 grams of pear - 40 µg
- 150 grams of tomato - 30 µg
- 150 grams broccoli - 24 µg
- 150 grams cucumber - 21µg
- 100 grams of mushrooms - 17 µg
- 2 tablespoons Brazil nuts - 33 µg
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder - 15.9 µg
- 50 grams mussels - 63 µg
- 50 grams shrimps - 12,5 µg
- 150 grams Brussels sprouts - 21µg
4. chromium in the form of food supplements
If you want to increase a too low chromium level with a dietary supplement, you should definitely pay attention to the form of the active ingredient and its origin. Chromium capsules are particularly suitable for increasing chromium levels. They are very well tolerated and are utilized by the body to a high degree. The preparation should also not contain any chemical additives such as microcrystalline cellulose. If you buy a preparation from Germany, you can be sure that the product has also been produced safely and is of high quality.
Vitamineule® Chromium Capsules
In our online shop you will find our chrome capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Chromium Capsules contain 500 µg chromium from chromium picolinate per capsule. Each can contains 90 caps ules.In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: functions of chromium
Chromium is essential for the human body and is found in many foods. These include fruits and vegetables such as tomatoes, broccoli and pears as well as animal foods such as mussels and shrimp. Chromium is particularly important for glucose metabolism, as well as for weight loss. Chromium can be supplemented in the form of dietary supplements. You can choose between chromium capsules and chromium tablets. Both forms are easy to use and enter the circulation quickly.
- Effects of chromium supplementation on body composition, human and animal health, and insulin and glucose metabolism.
- Nickel-, chromium- and cobalt-concentrations in human tissue and body fluids of hip prosthesis patients
- [Chromium-nickel-porcelain interface (Paladium)]
- Chromium speciation in foodstuffs: A review