Questions, wishes or suggestions? Just contact us by email or on Facebook.
1. functions of biotin
Biotin takes over many tasks in the human organism:
- Structure of skin, hair and nails
- Protein metabolism
- Fat metabolism
- Conversion of gene information in the cell nucleus
- Formation of cholesterol and sugar
- Growth of sebaceous glands
2) How can I cover my daily biotin requirement through food?
The daily biotin requirement can be well met by eating biotin-rich foods. Biotin-rich foods are found primarily in plant products, as well as in animal products. These include beef and veal liver, eggs, carrots, oatmeal and sardines. The German Nutrition Society (DGE) recommends a daily intake of approx. 30-60 µg of biotin for adults. The daily intake of biotin for an adult corresponds to about 100 g of peanuts. For children, the value is between 15-30 µg. In certain life situations, such as pregnancy, more biotin is needed.
How can I cover my biotin requirements through food?
Biotin is found in both animal and plant foods:
- Egg yolk
- unpolished rice
4. biotin in the form of food supplements
If you want to increase a too low biotin level with a dietary supplement, you should definitely pay attention to the form of the active ingredient and its origin. Biotin capsules are particularly suitable for increasing the biotin level. They are very well tolerated and are utilized by the body to a high degree. The preparation should also not contain any chemical additives such as microcrystalline cellulose. If you buy a preparation from Germany, you can be sure that the product has also been produced safely and is of high quality.
Vitamineule® Biotin Capsules
In our online shop you will find our biotin capsules from Vitamineule®, which are completely free of artificial additives. Vitamineule® Biotin Capsules contain 10.000 µg vegetable vitamin B7 per capsule. Each tin contains 90 capsules. In addition to fast & free shipping, we offer a voluntary six-month return guarantee on all products.
5. conclusion: functions of biotin
Biotin has a positive effect on many areas of the human body. It is essential for the growth of skin, hair and nails. The daily requirement of biotin can be well covered by a healthy and balanced diet. In case of a biotin deficiency, the supplementation of biotin in the form of food supplements helps. Here you can choose between biotin capsules and biotin tablets.
- Biotin for the treatment of nail disease: what is the evidence?
- Regulation of immunological and inflammatory functions by biotin
- Protein-biotin interactions
- Characterization of biotin interference in 21 Vitros 5600 immunoassays and risk mitigation for patient safety at a large academic medical center